Re:Outlawry = death

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_-FhJpyWk6678WBaav9NUBtzqiRY7hqD58fQf4ZwQlYev31vwSLZwLxqPO0lohwU2Rp3in>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:23:34 -0800

> Personally, I can see the logic of this, but I am unsure how much
> logic (soulless meldeks!) has to do with Orlanth's laws.

It's not logic, just plan facts. He is no longer our kin, therefor you can't use the "community" argument to gain compensation.

> The community was responsible for allowing the ill (by not controlling
> its demented members or outlawing them earlier) so the community is
> responsible for setting them right - it's What Orlanth Would Do, isn't
> it?

The community *did* take care of the problem - they outlawed Killer. They tried everything they could to *not* have to outlaw him, but whatever he did, it was bad enough that they were forced to outlaw him. Had you presented your claim before his outlawing, then yes, we'd be responsible. But you can ask Orlanth if he is our kin - you'll get a "no". If he's not kin, then we can't be held responsible for his actions past or present (at least not those we haven't already acknowledged).

Jeff can argue that in his game I'd get a penalty for my argument; well, try to get a claim against an outlaw in *my* game and you'd be laughed out of the moot!

RR