Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: philbert6000 <philbert6000_at_e0xc1nj3uuEz3nJDCPWW9oqaUdY4nHWAY7nBAH03u5yZkkQuM4REnLthvV-CCmh>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:50:39 -0000

Ghosts are natural to trolls, these are the inhabitants of hell and Subere teaches you how to interact and even use them. Ancestor worship involves summoning ghosts, ghost are therefore undead but not "chaotic" in their natural state.

> Secondly, if there are two kinds of zombies (one where the soul
goes to hell and the corpse is reanimated by magic, and one where the corpse is trapped), shouldn't the second category retain more of its magic points than the first kind? If it doesn't, where do these magic points go? (This would seem to make the Chaotic zombie/skeleton very inefficient to create, unless the chaotic necromancer gets to put the spirit to one puropse and the body to another?)

The chaotic zombie uses the energy from the victim to make the magic, in the case of Delecti's zombies this is involuntary, this is a power that he has to enslave the souls of enemies slain in the swamp. The soul is partially consumed to make the magic work (all enchantments work on the principle that some power needs to be sacrificed). Gark zombies also work on this principle. Chaotic zombies basically have a power of 1, the rest is used up as a sacrifice or part of the enchantment that enslaves the soul and magically animates the corpse.

The second type of zombie requires power from the enchanter himself, but does not enslave the soul. These zombies/skeletons have 1 magic point.

> Thirdly, what about mummies in Glorantha -- which are undead but
retain their INT and some magic points (although the latter do not regenerate naturally) and presumably therefore also some of their character? Is there any link between mummies and Chaos? Also isn't there a Zorak Zoran mummy in Griffin Mountain, though if I remember correctly there is also no explanation of how it was created

I see mummies as basically a super powerful voluntary zombie, which allows a willing troll to have his body prepared and his soul bound to the corpse, allowing him control after death. The process could be lost to third age ZZ. There is lots of this lost magic from 1st and 2nd age.

> Richard Hayes

ZZ).