Re: Wasp riders of the rockwoods

From: Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_YRIFZpx7sJLapqZ601zT1T1ghqMVVw1W1nKDyNCWIkX_TaA_U21GT0aNGbMAb3S7>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:11:18 +0000

Thanks for all the useful responses. I don't have Tradetalk #7 but it must have been the web snippet and the bit in gazetteer that I remembered. I tend to be a RQ player rather than HQ but I can work out the crunch easily enough.

Does anyone know the origins of the wasp riders and what, if anything, they were up to in the second age? If, basically, not a lot is known, I'll make something up and share it with those interested.

For anyone who is interested, I'm running Glorantha 2nd age using RQ for mostly new players who have never played Glorantha or RQ before. PCs are going to be attending a spring festival at a small stead in the foothills of the rockwoods. It's the start of the 2 year winter so the Spring festival isn't going to work anyway but this is not helped by the spring princess running off with a Yinkini from a nearby clan rather than getting married off to someone she doesn't love. The wasp riders are just there to provide colour at the moment - nominally the stead knows the secret of preparing stippleberry jam, something the giant wasps adore (gets them slightly high...) and also works as lubricant when rubbed into wings. PCs are meant to suspect the wasp riders until they discover a EWF prosleytiser who has seduced the young lovers with dreams of a life together and arranged for their elopement. After much moustache twirling he plans on trading her to the trolls for magic and a chance to preach to them. PCs have to try to make sure the lovers survive and the EWFer gets his comeuppance and deal with what to do when, in a crying game moment, the spring princess turns out not to be the girl they thought she was...