Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_eGykA2iLpz68yMbLRpJqWqK2sm_bk--9zkm76n-B9CGvZ8KPV45RnKG5y3uXjkL0rs0LCs0u>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:32:38 -0000

> Which we know he stole from a conquered god.

>> A number of people have suggested that maybe ZZ had these powers
>> (or some of them) before the  Hill Of Gold.  So maybe we don't
>> "Know" it for sure...

> Maybe you don't, but I do.
> Mind you, I might be convinced otherwise, but I'd have to see
> something to counteract my 30 years of experience.

I agree that in most Golorantha's ZZ stole his fire powers from Yelmalio at the Hill of Gold, and accesses them through the subcult /spirit cult of Amastan. However if you wanted to vary your Glorantha to make ZZ a more central god, you could easily say that he had always had (some of) those powers, or that he gained (some of) them earlier (whatever that mins when discussing God Time events) , when he was burned by the recently killed Yelm without doing too much damage to core Gloranthan metaphysics

>> But I think that Zorak Zoran is also illuminated?  Does he not
>> have a mystics "Third Eye"?

> Gods are not illuminated. Many of them have contact with the
> Infinite, but that i a part of their essential being, not due to
> having been Illuminated.

Maybe I should have said ZZ is also "Illuminated", or that he has "contact with the infinite"?