Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_dzOFiOSUbrweWqd_pCBAX-FcKL7LmiYO5yeh7qm1_nI5IPNcPThcGCuLTHfhxRsihl>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:56:25 +1100

2009/2/3 Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_TMw2toF28ZBYvyj4WW9DzY0RLS76Tl_FbKXSzpothFU0bkWukZB7ZyqySAQu7uadjpq8JmtuLs9uHmKXmf0.yahoo.invalid>:
> Where "this" = the illumination process?

Er yes, sort of. Specifically "Do Lunar immortals also not go through that process?". Sorry for being murky!

> yes, that is right. The humans can undergo illumination, because they are
> limited beings who work towards being unlimited, aware of their full
> potential, rising up through the planes of consciousness towards
> immortality.

Right! That makes sense to me now. Does this mean that "healed" entities that are now Lunar cannot achieve Enlightenment? Or are these entities already Enlightened because they are actually a part of Sedenya?

> In theory, I suppose so.
> Though, in mythic truth, it is not development as much as discovering their
> inner powers.
> Perhaps a subtle difference, maybe too subtle.

This makes sense to me, especially if the myths are necessarily-limited mortal interpretations and explanations for otherworldly or beforetimely occurrences. If there are beings of youth and initiation then presumably there can beings who mythology is one of self-discovery and self-transcendence. Myths tell us that the gods can "learn" but they always learn and always have learned; they may gain Death in the myths, but they are still always Death.

What I am curious about is whether now, in a post-compromise cosmos, divine entities can still discover more inner powers (such as, for example, learning they are actually a mask of Sedenya?).

--
John Machin