Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_qruagHjcuWtxA65hiNOgLBur7akCMRWVG2kr_MQ3z4K2NFygZCI5xOEmKMIwZFDnm60>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:08:31 +1300

>It's never really a problem to resequence God Time events, since they
>pre-date causuality anyway.

I've never know a god to have an intentionally non-causual sequence of myths before. Any non-causuality in the myths is usually a result of two different mythological sources being synthesized into one whole.

>If Urox gains his Beserk powers from the
>Eternal Battle then any God Time Event where he manifests them must
>have occured after (or during?) his involvement in the Eternal Battle
>(QED!)
I would separate the Eternal Battle from Urox's brute storm powers in general. To me the Eternal Battle is the equivalent of Kerofin, something which is part of local storm bully worship but is absent from storm bully worship further afield (the Pentan South Rage Wind, the Uroxi in Fronela and perhaps Ralios, and lastly the Desoro of Pamaltela). The Uroxi of these places have berserker powers but lack the special anti-chaos power of the Storm Bullies in Sartar and Prax.

--Peter Metcalfe