Grimoires and runes

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_RWrHPr9otSVVNdoxYLhq2qOewWtb5AvTh3eDVNNklD9FS4rfRnfechrvhdFrI9UcaL>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:58:23 +1100

Just subject-editing a bit to keep everyone happy!

2009/2/4 ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_3TC2__Qpt0L9xKK0yccUtuIrBwfPZ5WUOqZmQrJxmbBrRoQQYsFbJtAv7p_bArpYYlMOpCZVsv4t1DKyeGJhiTVv.yahoo.invalid>
> There is some stuff about this on my blog, but, basically, I agree
> with Jeff on this one. Now, most *player character* Malkioni are a
> different mater, and they typically do have a connection with a single
> rune (through a grimoire, of course, not an affinity) - and that rune
> is often Law. Not always, though; for Xemelans it's Harmony, for
> example. The true wizards, of course, have multiple runic grimoires,
> just like the Orlanthi have multiple affinities.

This is quite intriguing! Are grimoires linked to a single-rune concept or can they be associated with multiple-rune concepts?

For example if I have a grimoire about slaughtering sea beasties is it associated with Death, or Water and Death, or some kind of Slaughtering Sea Beasties rune?

--
John Machin