Re: Grimoires and runes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_-4mA-cwbYUpDErvb-P3BUvPVKB7t6MzwNXN2eSSdHxfZT7Zma6g9h8VoJMwP0zTYup6A>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:08:53 -0000

> This is quite intriguing! Are grimoires linked to a single-rune
> concept or can they be associated with multiple-rune concepts?
>
> For example if I have a grimoire about slaughtering sea beasties is it
> associated with Death, or Water and Death, or some kind of
> Slaughtering Sea Beasties rune?

As a general rule, most grimoires grant magic associated with a single rune (although there are plenty of exceptions). Frex, your example provides only Death magic and is limited by Water (Death only in Water - these spells don't help against critters of Air, Earth, Darkness or Fire). Lots of those sorts of grimoire exists.

Jeff