Re: Grimoires and runes

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_RbTbJjdJ9zzwdI_pNP3m53lB91Bb8iMs6pptr3VGb4GmUQBvXF4iQQFu8JJqODN75mJ>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 12:37:41 -0000

John Machin:

> This is quite intriguing! Are grimoires linked to a single-rune
> concept or can they be associated with multiple-rune concepts?
>
> For example if I have a grimoire about slaughtering sea beasties is it
> associated with Death, or Water and Death, or some kind of
> Slaughtering Sea Beasties rune?

Here's the original post, if it helps:
http://jrevell.blogspot.com/2008/08/magic-in-west.html

As a general rule, a grimoire will have a single rune, just like an Orlanthi affinity. It may be limited in its particular scope, depending on the origin and purpose of the grimoire. For instance, a book of slaughtering sea beasties is most likely the Death rune, but obviously, it won't cover every conceivable aspect of Death. Individual wizardry schools, however, will almost always have multiple grimoires covering a range of different runes. For example, the runes of the School of Shining Steel (from HoM2) are Law, Death, and Mineral, and they have one grimoire for each rune.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/