The Red Moon in other parts of Glorantha

From: vesa.randelin <vesa.randelin_at_uCLSY7ak7RpDLKRg8jH679ng66czCKOSYjmWUtmhpf2TBhUysaua1XRbAGECDa>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:27:36 -0000

I have been thinking that what role does The Red Moon plays in other parts of Glorantha? I mean in other areas and places than the lunar heartlands, Sartar and the places and people who are dealing in some way with the Empire?

Do all people of Glorantha know that the Moon is part of the lunar religion and the Red Goddess lives there? For example, let's take a "simple" seshnegi peasant. Does he/she know anything about the Lunar Empire? Or do the people in west have any kind of "malkionistic" explanation for the Moon?

Is there any possibility that some people some where far from the Lunar Empire do worship the moon, but not in lunar way, but in their own way and the can gain magic from it? Perhaps it is lunar magic, but the worshippers don't know that.

I've been thinking this sometimes and now decided to ask it from the people here. As the Moon is quite visible in the sky seen from Genertela, and I think there are people and elder races some where in Genertela who don't know anything about the Empire and it's religion but can see the moon.