Re: Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time ceremonies

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_jj35bMSFw6svTQZsr38b6UbnAgqzxWcVAk_IJ-Cn8b6TOPU8JTEvSH2yzYR2>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:34:10 +0000 (GMT)

Seconding Peter's view below, my recollection was that the Print was associated with a battle between Larnste and Krarsht, and not Lodril.
However whilst there is a big gap between Peloria and the Print, the name of Lodril would have been known in the Empire of Ezkankekko, through Argan Argar's victory over Lodril. Would the myth of Lodril's defeat and imprisonment by Argan Argar also be known in Peloria too, though not perhaps in the same way as it is in Kethaela?
Incidentally, what are the best sources of information about the Larnsti, a (once?)-powerful priesthood in Heortland, tied to the movement rune and supportive of the old Kings of Heortland
What kind of person got to join the ranks of the Larnsti, and what sort of things could the Larnsti's magic do?
Did the Larnsti survive the Pharoanic conquest? Did they survive the Lunar invasion?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_1DANyCIR5ksWkjt35TvkRI8wLeUDH8D79E-o5OxEzvquPpZIjB-ko9wIs7xVLiCbK4y--ymEtPcV0Fe5JMjlXyE.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time ceremonies To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 9 February, 2009, 5:20 AM

At 11:45 a.m. 9/02/2009, you wrote:

> > Thereupon the gods follow
> > Lodril into beating up the Enemy God is which a chosen hero is
> > killed but comes back to life.
>
>Thanks a lot, Peter, this sounds very useful! Connecting this to
>Allison's ideas, that Enemy God could well be Krarsht, right?

I doubt it. Krarsht is connected with the Print while the Vent is in a different place altogether. To miss by such a distance seems implausible. Furthermore the mythology of the Vent is Caladran in origin and thus alien to the Lodrili of Peloria.

--Peter Metcalfe

Yahoo! Groups Links