Re: Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time ceremonies

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_NSI_atMgt8FIrHI_oU0UHGQCSpDJjfZD0iY-b3EE95-qAE0ZkIGACUKr4jihYHQK73S>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:46:50 -0000

Richard Hayes:

> Seconding Peter's view below, my recollection was that the Print
> was associated with a battle between Larnste and Krarsht, and not
> Lodril.

Not really. Foulblood Woods is in the Print and is said to have been formed from where Larnste's poisoned blood fell after he was bitten by Krarsht. However, the Sky Spear was used against Krarsht and drove it deep underground where it broke and freed Lodril who fought with Krarsht.

When Lodril broke free and came to the surface, he did so not at the Vent but beneath what is now Shadow Plateau, which is a lot closer to the Print. He blew a cloud of ash and turned a chaos army to stone in the Print, the bodies of which can still be seen. Argan Argar then defeated Lodril, sliced the top of the mountain and forced Lodril to build the Palace of Black Glass.

The Vent was formed when Caladra burst forth to defeat a Chaos army later on, so it is a different place entirely, despite what the Lodril writeup in White Wolf said.

> However whilst there is a big gap between Peloria and the Print,
> the name of Lodril would have been known in the Empire of
> Ezkankekko, through Argan Argar's victory over Lodril. Would the
> myth of Lodril's defeat and imprisonment by Argan Argar also be
> known in Peloria too, though not perhaps in the same way as it is
> in Kethaela?

The myth would probably be known by the Priests but not widely preached. As far as the peasants are concerned, Lodril remained beneath the earth far away. But, don't forget that Lodril has many faces - Invisible Spear, Immortal Demigod, Sky Spear, Volcano God, Creator of the Agimori, God of the Underworld, Father of Many, Ruler of the Portion of Below and so on. Each area would know more about the muths of their particular aspect and have a vague knowledge of some of the others, but might not know anything at all about some far away aspects.

See Ya

Simon