Re: More Lodril questions

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_G2u7H2IReBUoRoyvEna959Vbjt8cZXKJctoYYiinXYQrUBeOc8JN6YyV2zovkKvOi>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:56:59 -0800

YGWV OK, this is the DH Lodril now, not the Orlanthi Veskarthan of Dragon Pass and Kethaela now.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM, bryan_thx <bethexton_at_5ChIF2x1Nvwque0F26dFfXghwN6H2v6uywlRnVHW9rrnaryAdLBfs_Gl_oytCE-pdTF5mjX1sMjG.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Lodril is a great god, and great gods are not generally worshiped in
> their fullness. In RQ this distinction is generally ignored--one
> worshipped "Orlanth" or "Ernalda" or "Lodril" etc. In HQ however it
> is presented, seen well in the storm tribe with the aspects and sub-cults.

Correct.

> In the case of Lodril, what form does the actual worship tend to take?

It depends upon what the worshiper does.

> There are his ten sons, and it looks, in the HQ core book, like
> Gerendo (spelling? The billy-goat god) may even be related to Lodril
> somehow.

He is, somehow. He's one of the many, many earth gods that are associates, parts of his farmer's coterie. But Gerendetho is the guy worshiped in Kostaddi (I believe, yes?)

Does he have aspects and sub-cults?

Insofar as such things exist, then he does. He'd have a lot of them.

> Is all worship through his sons
> or other associated gods?

No, I don't think so, but one thing to keep in mind--all worship includes a lot of entities. Depending on the time of year and the specific place where the ceremony takes place, this or that one will be foremost, or among the foremost.

Also, does Lodril worship still include cults of Gustbran and Mahome,
> who according to the Orlanthia left the fire tribe for the storm tribe?

Yes, and though they would have a different (DH) name, it's been the tendency in the past to use a single name (like Lodril for Veskarthan). Sine I haven't said a thing about the Lowfires in such a long time, those names are appropriate.

(I just started playing a Lodril worshipper in an online HQ game, so
> these long simmering questions are back near the top of my mind).

Keep 'em coming.

> And a note from the old Lodril cult write up, regarding monster
> man....Alison stopped a bit early, omitting the spell, Smoldering
> Rebellion. I've quickly jotted down key phrases from the spell (the
> whole thing is rather long)

snip

> So it is clearly a mass rebellion spell.

Yes, that is correct. In this aspect he's the Protecor of his people.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer