Re: Lodril and Monster Man (was Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time Cer

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at__eejr9DAtGhKM_LskWASfdU6Ih7PMblDlx8jwA9dh0BvKzcHJbK_oGEhWk-XJCnnHtA>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:11:19 +1300

At 09:41 a.m. 13/02/2009, you wrote:
>Peter
>
> >Considering that Lodril agitates for the destruction of the Turos
> >Temple in Darleep (Entekosiad p91), I have a hard time accepting
> >this as regional variation.
>
>I'll have to look at that again, but this sounds like political
>maneuvering. "Worship with our rites/hierarchy."
         The Gods of Dara Happa grew jealous.  There was one among them called
         Lodril. He was the first to quarrel. He ordered his priests
to destroy the temples
         of Turos in Darleep.

         [...]

         When the priestesses of Bentus came back from Yuthuppa, hurt and
         unpleasant, they screeched for revenge and help against their foes.
         The gods of Pelanda refused, for the foreign lands were not
their places
         of interest.  Even Natha did not go there.  Jajagappa is all she said.

                 Entekosiad p89

Since the Gods do have opinions that exist outside the political ambitions of their priests, I don't see the need to assume that the Lodrili priests in Darleep were fibbing because they couldn't get along.

--Peter Metcalfe