Re: Lodril

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Tp7X9Q6_cZAB3wpekYNq4JXNjYw5buFWvmbswl-VJhUSS_URJUGdbHyFj1B-ScO2E8q5>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:41:33 -0000

> Most people learn very little magic, save for a few cantrips to do their
> daily job. They have no knowledge of different Otherworlds and use
whatever
> they are taught. Very, very few are even initiated. They all know
various
> types of magic. Totally mixed.

This is a key difference between the Orlanthi and the Pelorian peasants, and the reason I would take a very different approach in describing Pelorian religion if I was writing a Dara Happan background book. The Orlanthi simply have a different relationship with their gods than the Pelorian peasants.

Jeff