Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_w36S0CMUH1-Pym4Co3ewqfbc9hIuRWVkCqVN6J1TUtnIBiGUHUXjSDwDdQcWGRCwh3G>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:04:23 -0000

Change "story" to "world" there and I agree. Problem is that I didn't remember reading any descriptions where I could get a grip on how central and powerful a city god or tribal wyter is in a conflict.

I rather see them as spiritual alarm systems and passive defences rather than active forces. A clan wyter will warn defenders when enemies are approaching, it will not blast the enemies to bits with it's power.

Unless somebody does something really crazy (as sometimes happens on Glorantha) and becomes a physical avatar to the god of the city / tribal spirit, the god will be helping and warning the defenders, not fighting.

Anyway, I figured it out now to my satisfaction. Thank you all,

  -Adept