Re: Fronela

From: L C <lightcastle_at_SP7fkVzcpZEPOm5ZvOuy3jOqoopfBi-swLOoy9VOop6wTULNNqVaacoE884mPlNz>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:13:03 -0500

ttrotsky2 wrote:

>Unlikely, given that Nick Brooke isn't on this list, AFAIK :)

Well, yes, then.

>> 1) Is Fronela going to feature prominently in Lords of the West?
>
>Yes.

*sigh*
Oh well, so much for that, then. (Not that I don't think you won't do a stellar job.)

>> I suspect that the series will mostly be pitched
>> further South, but could be wrong, of course.

>As for the rest of the series, my plan was a total of three books to
>cover Fronela. One has already been written and submitted (the Loskalm
>book, of course), but the other two are on hold pending something
>actually happening with LotW1-3, among other reasons.

*nod* So there is overview, Seshnela, and I can't remember what #3 is supposed to be. (Loskalm?)
Then the Janube and then the Wildlands?

I'm glad it will be written, It certainly is a fantastic place to expand: you have Lunars, you have Orlanthi, you have Malkioni, all half a bubble off from what we are used to, which makes for a fun situation. Add in a recovery from the Ban, so old rivarlies and connections only tenuously being re-born, radical transformations of the societies, and the Kingdom of War looming over everyone. Endless campaign possibilities, and a great place to get new players into Glorantha without having to overwhelm them with past history.

>> 4) Junora:
>
>Junora is covered in LotW3, the Loskalm book.

Makes sense.

>> Considering
>> Loskalm developed its perfect Hrestoli liberation during the Ban, this
>> presumably has a slightly different implementation of the ideals of
>> Hrestol. (I believe this is Reformed vs New Idealist?)
>
>I've changed the name to "Immaculate Church", but yeah.

Which, the Loskalmi is Immaculate now?

>Although
>there's a lot more to it than that - Junora is a rather complex and
>messed up place.

As one might think it could be.

>> >Junora is really a land containing a number of independent nobles
>> >rather than an actual county.
>>
>> I'd still probably put a Count as the big dog who at least took charge
>> during the ban. Obviously, as any kind of unified identity, they only
>> had the 100-odd years of the Ban for it, so I suspect it is a very
>> fragile construct.
>
>This is not the line taken in LotW, for what it's worth. But YGWV.

Not an issue. No game here, was just looking for a place where enough hadn't been written that it would be worthwhile to contribute.

>> Maybe that just
>> never coalesces into a formal church, but does create some very
>> screwed up apocalyptic movements.
>
>Indeed...

*smile*