Re: Fronela

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_IGMYb3bP2DZxKk0riMml2h1ab2glC7O9CT2q9_NTM_rfFQ_ws1Ckai7Tc2NS2U8Nn2l>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:56:24 -0000

L C:

> So yeah, this whole thing might be lots of Trotsky
> and possibly Nick Brooke answering me.

Unlikely, given that Nick Brooke isn't on this list, AFAIK :)

> So, a few questions.
>
> 1) Is Fronela going to feature prominently in Lords of the West?

Yes.

> It
> seems only Loskalm really gets written about for the most part, but the
> ToC for book one seems to bring hope for some of these other places,
> including Jonatela.

Although it should be noted that these won't equal the number of actual pages in the final product, the Loskalm specific text covers 8.5 pages of A4 in my unedited, unformatted draft copy, while Jonatela covers 6.5.

> I suspect that the series will mostly be pitched
> further South, but could be wrong, of course.

As for the rest of the series, my plan was a total of three books to cover Fronela. One has already been written and submitted (the Loskalm book, of course), but the other two are on hold pending something actually happening with LotW1-3, among other reasons.

> 4) Junora:

Junora is covered in LotW3, the Loskalm book.

> Considering
> Loskalm developed its perfect Hrestoli liberation during the Ban, this
> presumably has a slightly different implementation of the ideals of
> Hrestol. (I believe this is Reformed vs New Idealist?)

I've changed the name to "Immaculate Church", but yeah. Although there's a lot more to it than that - Junora is a rather complex and messed up place.

> It is unclear whether the three Arrolian cities listed in the HW
> Glorantha book were separated during the Ban or not. I suspect yes.

They were, yes.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic