Re: Fronela

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_qTaOD96ZkUkcr0WOGTCA-QaYc5m0SigApvcmAhdsnqQR-I1u98Gi6BOq31nb8zWhJ0i>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:24:52 -0000

Some of them differ quite a lot. The Loskalmi, for instance, don't call their version "The Abiding Book" at all, because of the association of that volume with the God Learners. While, in Jonatela, a big glowing bear turned up and burned away all the bits of the Abiding Book that had false words in them, leaving them with just the good bits... which, oddly, weren't the same bits as Rokar had left in his copy. Go figure.

> I don't know if this is dealt with in any of the source material,
> but to me that sort of very fundamental fractures between the
> churches just helps to make it more interesting. Their differences
> are not just a matter of interpretation, but also a fundamental
> difference on the (correct) Word of God. It gives small churches
> that much more reason to resist the encroachment of larger ones.

Exactly. The other people are just plain wrong, and we can prove it! Big glowing bears don't lie, you know.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/