Re: Fronela

From: L C <lightcastle_at_TTexG0dHWGkdYoIWuRLTecfYFgGtsWzZPfqI1JHyH8xHr3-xBDma7vDrof5NE9_P>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:27:45 -0500

bryan_thx wrote:

 >Also to add, I know that there was some discussions around different versions of the Abiding Book (the Rokari have the "Sharp" version IIRC). These all differ slightly. I don't know if this is dealt with in any >of the source material, but to me that sort of very fundamental fractures between the churches just helps to make it more interesting. Their differences are not just a matter of interpretation, but also a  >fundamental difference on the (correct) Word of God. It gives small churches that much more reason to resist the encroachment of larger ones.

Absolutely. And it makes the Rokari move towards unification more interesting, as it really is a question of heresy. It gives, as you say, all kinds of reasons for churches that were "close" to the main one, but still different, to hang onto their beliefs. It means players can easily customize their own version of the religion, and that these small differences become interesting play points. The interplay between church and temporal power becomes more interesting this way, as well, as there will be different views here religiously, as well as culturally.

I always thought the caste system a little odd, but this makes it far easier to modify and play with, since how fixed it is can vary wildly, as well as having differences in practice vs ideology. All very fun stuff.

LC