Re: Has anyone actually RUN the Battle of Iceland?

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_2R48FOUTg_ScuJZcPg4r169UXSX5MDmf1NYSr_agK71TcCQB21h-mpPxp9U4bPR4aiI>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:36:33 -0000

Hi,

I ran the Battle of Iceland pretty much by the book. It was great fun. The writing & phasing of the battle is one of the very best presentations intended to be role-played I've ever read & used.

The phasing, I think, is essential: planning, ambush, fighting, retreating, regrouping, fighting, regrouping, healing, discussing, fighting, fighting, sudden change, fighting, drama, explanations, repercussions. Makes the scene intensively live, leaves you panting, has so much meaning & so many opportunities for character interaction.

The whole "Orlanth Is Dead" is a gem.

-ile