Re: Good bye / The Zin Letters #3

From: vesa.randelin <vesa.randelin_at_gM_t82GdEXsgYWj4_4NOm_4KkoXYr71qWMWBNd8RzJ_jsH_NU4wb6aRxiCcwiB>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:30:38 -0000

Like André said, there are three fan publications. The Zin Letters #3 is the newest and the most promising.

As far as style goes, it's similar to such great books as Uz, In Wintertop's Shadow and Sons of Kargzant of the Unspoken Word line. That's because it's filled with adventure ideas, background material and beautiful maps about a specific exiting area and culture. The key difference is that it isn't HeroQuest spesific, but that all the material kicks ass both in RuneQuest and HeroQuest.

Sartar is a great place to adventure and to explore the life of a clan or a tribe, but writing interresting background is a major undertaking. That's why I like Zin Letters #3. It gives you interresting local color, such as spirit places and local customs, overview of a tribe with one clan detailed, history and wealth of adventure ideas. You could literally run a campaing with only this and the magic book of your favored system!

IMHO some of the best writing about Glorantha has always been done by the fans. If Moon Design seems to publish once in every year or two, we shouldn't worry, because it's our Glorantha too and publications like In Wintertop's Shadow and hopefully The Zin Letters #3: Eastern Far Place Special have kept it alive through hard times. Besides, I heard that John Hughes is going to publish some Far Place stuff too, so pretty soon Far Place is going to be the next detailed place in Glorantha after Pavis!

John, do you have any comments about Zin Letters or your Far Point stuff?