Re: ZZ, Humakti, Sbullies and the cinders of Than Ulbar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XCeh2t7EAMDvZhFuct4eEm16TbQotO7iMm96RbOzUUdLeHd5udXMPx0wmfEr8LmtODy>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:16:14 +1300

At 07:51 p.m. 3/04/2009, you wrote:

>Who of these three gods or cults or herobands in Prax and the Wastes
>would benefit the most from the destruction of Than Ulbar, in your
>esteemed opinion?
>Humakt, because Than is the god of treason, undeath and falsity?

Technically Krjalk is Treason and Gbaji is Falsity - Thanatar is Dark (chaotic) Truth.

>Storm Bull for obvious reasons?
>Zorak Zoran because of the disappearance of a noted head hunter
>competitor in genertela (tongue in cheek, here?)

Of the three entities, I would say that Storm Bull benefits the most because there is less chaos to blow out of the Wastes.

>OR, more probably and logically, Lhankor Mhys, the Sartarites of the
>River of Cradles and the Rebellion as a whole? Kralorela, for
>strategic reasons?
>We are still in late 1620, mind you.

Than Ulbar basically affects Bliss in Ignorance, Kralorela and Teshnos. The people in the west
are sideshows. Than Ulbar's removal will not affect the Orlanthi headhunters nor the Temple of
Heads in Dorastor.

Bliss in Ignorance is thrall to Zerel Fan, the God who fought Tien and left his skull in Than Ulbar. The
removal of Than Ulbar makes Bliss in Ignorance magically stronger, which should please Can Shu
no end.

Kralorela and Teshnos will benefit from the weakening of Than Ulbar's agents (Goblin Raids,
Thuggees etc) but this will be short lived as other people who benefit more (Praxians
will have an easier life on the Wastes for example) will be stronger and menace those
lands.

--Peter Metcalfe