Re: Ancien Régime Goats

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_FkhZidqOldh5XwABZP1Tebm5n4uHkQ6j58SKWlmouxaGW2C0oq21wbp_ndl2BsE>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:48:41 -0000

Being bald is naturally superior among birds and men. In Glorantha, there may be a different explanation. I'm sure there is for Ostriches. Something about the proud birds flying around pulling Yamsur's Chariot then being plucked and thrown to the earth for some reason. I'm not sure there is a story for Condor, the unsacred bird, but avoiding getting your feathers clogged with blood when you're eating carrion seems to me to be the reason in the real world. I cannot remember if Bloodbirds are bald, or just have big blood filled gizzards, but lots of birds are bald.

Thunderbirds, Sunhawks and Ravens seem to be fully feathered, so it's not like head-feathers fall out in the Storm Bull winds.

Nice subject line, BTW, I always considered goats to be an integral part of the ancien regime, what with goats cheese, french peasants, etc.