Re: The thing with goats

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_aUCPQIgc7uQrb5tTNuAGRu0P4EC_1LYKX5DZrDgCRmaeT9ILzNks0eq3ANNpDKN>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:06:30 -0000

> I'm not aware of any tapir that has tusks, to be honest. Their teeth are more like those of a horse than anything else:

The Terribly Tusked Tapir of Teshnos is, admittedly, rarer than the Invisible Mountain Mammoth of the Maidstone Mountains. But lack of evidence is not evidence of a lack of tusked tapirs. Of course horses had fangs (and wings and claws)once. Perhaps the morocanth ancestor was once a be-tusked, long legged, gibbon shouldered tree swinger with a prehensile tail and a pouch to carry its young. It gave it all up to learn to be clever, with moveable ears and a funny nose, in a deal it made with the feces of the Evil Elephant, aka Trickster.