Re: Glorantha Apocalyse

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_9PNkPG61NLiUcI8KMKMJOuCi18gixj4L0S7l8myvF5OcniXAP-J__X0SxNp8eT8>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:10:34 -0000

Thanks for the list Peter. Some of these strike me as conquests rather than the destruction of almost everything, but I guess that depends on your point of view and your definition of an apocalypse.

The reason I find these settings interesting is that they make it relatively easy to motivate players to do something with their heroes -to make them survive. Also, no complicated social structures to misunderstand or confuse. With that in mind, those brutal conquests that sweep aside almost everything (eg the Seleran conquest) fit the genre.

I wonder if the diversion of the Creek Stream River by the Pharoah would be considered catastrophic by those on the original course who no longer have such a big river, and by those swept aside by the new rivers course.

Keith