Getting (re-)started in Glorantha...

From: Kevin Nikolai Payne <nikolaibard_at_4t3pfgSYOQKrNj_yY7WnL3hbSQDXabvOpxbf7WedO8PMw390oLZ-_pyC_a4MhqKl>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 22:18:32 -0000

I've only just jumped into HEROQUEST, though I have many years of interest in Runequest (first purchased in West Hartford, CT in 1979, and hungrily devoured, plus the occassional supplement over the years, but no one ever wanted to play :).

I got re-bit by the RQ bug recently, and after examining Mongoose and Issaries offerings, went for the Third Age/Hero Wars since I really want to continue my long-shelved adventures in Pavis and that whole area. I even have some folks from the local gaming group who want to play!

So in addition to the core book, what else do I need? I have Pavis and Big Rubble (still) which is a start, but what other Issaries or other publications should I seek out? Or should I just wait for HQ2 and the revised P/GR which will be out soon?

Many thanks for your advice,

Kevin Payne
Quincy, IL