Re:Grotaron sources

From: John Harding <jrharding_at_RdlzPyJEcJTf_KG3V549Vj_hDWU3Wrg8LFe9hond7iE7zOmUP7phgT3W1bVznDGPYA>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 08:44:13 -0000

> And I have to repeat my pet theory about the Grotarons, as I
> said back in 2002
> >I always figured that the sabre-toothed mammoths that only they can
> >see were obviously snuffleupaguses.

Going on from that here's some other spirits in Grotaron mythology:

The Great Bird
A symbol of innocence always depicted as a large bird with yellow plumage and orange legs The Great Bird was first to see the sabretooth mammoth. He tells the Grotaron of the Mammoth but at first they don't believe him. The Grotaron can see the tusks and teeth of the sabre tooth mammoth while the Great Bird cannot.

The Churog
A being who never leaves his bronze cave and who is hostile although not violent to the Grotaron. The Grotaron use the Churog as a symbol of misanthropy

Chunotet the Vampire
A being who temporarily enslaved the Grotaron but gave them the gift of numbers and counting. Chunotets main attributes are numbers and mad laughter

Temrik the Frog Spirit
Temrik symbolises kindness and organisation Temrik does not believe the sabre tooth mammoth exists yet is a kindly spirit.

Rebt and Ereni the brothers
Rebt symbolises age age,wisdom and cynicism while Eerni symbolises youth, enthusiasm and foolishness. Ereni often wins out in the myths much to Rebts frustration. The always sleep in the same bed together.

Keo Cio the monster. The grotaron boogyman. In the myths he constantly steals food from the Grotaron especially the hard millet cakes cooked by Grotaron wives.

:o)