Elz Ast map

From: mouserampant <richard.crawley5_at_kU83XVQQzD2EF6dixH9fYoaAkOkv0fbQoTwLWoOaW8G3z0ocHbO2GLFHoCF>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:41:42 -0000

I've put together a first draft of a map of the Dara Happan city of Elz Ast. The primary sources I have are Dara Happa Stirs and ILH1. There's also a passing mention in Glorantha: the Second Age.

I've uploaded a pdf of the map to the files area under the name Elz Ast map draft (or something like that).

Labelled locations in the Inner City are as follows:

A = Ziggurat of Oslira
B = Tower of Vrimak
C = Lokarnos Ziggurat
D = Elz Ast Spearlords barracks
E = River Union building surrounded by moat
F = Canals and ornamental lakes (especially in NW quarter)
G = Water Gate

And in the Outer City:

1 = Boat yards
2 = The Light Pillar
3 = The harbour with moored boats and many warehouses
4 = Scriptorium of Danvodir the Ibis (orthodox)
5 = Scriptorium of Danvodir the Ibis (reformed)
6 = Floating market
7 = Irripi Ontor temple and Academium
8 = Temple of the Reaching Moon
9 = Buserian Ziggurat overlooking main square of the outer city

I'd really appreciate any feedback you may have on this. I don't havce a copy of ILH2 so don't know if there's anything relevant in there.

Richard C