Re: metaphysics, truth and game rules

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_t6xkUt7s_zVA1lSqZOZbNOGbswxstYITDh8IeQi4HtZDUWrKLZ_d330s_CJY-cS-TjY>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:22:00 -0000

Alexander Entelechy:

> So how this relates to the rules is this. I say I want to do
> something and the GM can say ‘No. That’s not how the world
> works.’
>
> I also assume a God like Baron Samedi wouldn’t be able to
> exist in Glorantha because his personality traits would be
> overwritten by the
> innate traits and values of the death rune. Is that right?

I can think of at least three ways of having a compassionate death god under the new rules. Which would work best would depend on exactly how you envisage the god:

  1. Death/Harmony (or similar) - simply have his other rune represent his compassionate side. Death and Harmony are not opposites, so there's nothing in the rules to prohibit this.
  2. Death/Life/Balance - the god does have diametrically opposed traits, but these are permitted because the third rune is Balance (or Chaos).
  3. Harmony/Whatever (or similar) - the god accesses his Death powers through some other rune, just like Zorak Zoran accesses his fire powers through his Darkness rune.
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/