Re: metaphysics, truth and game rules

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_YSE4xxtapbMU0oJHNHNHzwLr1RHDsK6sIlKXl1SYnYDnJUy3fhnzjvxz_bJ4Q28o2xX>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:23:04 -0000

Richard Hayes:

> Death and Life/Fertility used to be the secondary runes of Yelm
> after Fire/Sky (see e.g. Cult Compendium),

I'm pretty sure that's been changed since.

> If there is a rune of Balance, what does it look like?

It's a circle with a vertical line through it. Some cultures have other names for it, the most popular being "Moon".

> Also, how is it classified - a Form (doesn't make much sense to me
> apart from the fact that Chaos is/was traditionally seen as a 'Form'
> rune, a 'Condition'Â rune, or even as a non-Celestial Court 'Power'
> rune

It's a Condition. Although some might argue it's an Element.

> In the past, the runes of Death and Harmony have been combined to
> denote the Hunter, who kills but so as to support his commmunity by
> poviding food, and who kills no more than is necessary so there will
> be animals for food later as well as now. Though there is no reason
> why a third rune could not carry an alternative meaning.

Death and Harmony is a valid combination in the new rules.

> If there was a voodoo-style cult in Glorantha, where would it be? My
> money would be on Fonrit, as a shamanic tradition amongst slaves who
> were resisting the cult of Ompalam

Pithdaros is my favoured possibility.

--
Trotsky