Re: HQ2 and Sartar: two steps in the right direction

From: frank_rafaelsen <frank_rafaelsen_at_UGyjdDoup7yv4hv7dJI0nc2A4tqvkwe_yxCd07IEyhluHfTcimX3j0k25YRE>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:58:55 -0000

> Just to clear up one apparent source of confusion (judging from an e-mail I received off-list): the three Malkioni books have already been fully converted to the HQ2 rules, and the revised HQ2 versions are in Rick's hot little hands. So there *is* progress there, even if there has been some delay because of the (fully understandable) desire to get the new Sartar book out first.
>
> --
> Trotsky
> Gamer and Skeptic

This makes me very happy. If the conversion work is finished, these books should be published as soon as possible. The west has been put on the back-burner far too often.

But I've got a question about this. To you and the Moon Design guys both, I guess. While I am very happy that you took the time to convert the Malkioni books to HQ2, I'm also afraid to miss out on good stuff. So while I endorse the use of the new, simplified keywords of HQ2 in gaming, I also miss the wealth of concentrated information contained in the old keywords. The question then is, would it be possible to make the HQ1 versions of the crunchy bits available after the books are published?