Re: HQ2 and Sartar: two steps in the right direction

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_nzMhz1r1c4_J03l7dAXL5FShvGRXqA5M2ZP0wdtoDCh7F8eo7K6Ke2Lym9GUzYNN-mD>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:43:38 -0000

I have just bee informed today (9 months after completing the work, and 4 days after everyone else was apparently told) that the conversion needs more work. So, my apologies - I was misinformed :(

> The west has been put on the back-burner far too often.

And it's on the back-burner again - as, to be fair, it probably would have been anyway, since MD (perhaps understandably) want to get the Sartar, Pavis, etc. books out first.

> But I've got a question about this. To you and the Moon Design guys
> both, I guess. While I am very happy that you took the time to
> convert the Malkioni books to HQ2, I'm also afraid to miss out on
> good stuff. So while I endorse the use of the new, simplified
> keywords of HQ2 in gaming, I also miss the wealth of concentrated
> information contained in the old keywords. The question then is,
> would it be possible to make the HQ1 versions of the crunchy bits
> available after the books are published?

Actually, as far as I know, there isn't a lot missing there. Because it was originally written for HQ1, there are only a very few occupation keywords in the book (and this remains true whether it's converted to HQ2 or not, of course). Similarly, there isn't a lot to say about the cultural keywords, and the relevant bits of the magic keywords (that is, other than the "Member of [X]", "Doctrine of [X]" and so forth, which are fairly obvious) presumably will be in the final version anyway.

Assuming there *is* a final version, of course.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/