Language discussion

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_Sj_RpQGYbKpqlRv6Sz9r277bH9obA90KeGmy5xPhJjkyZS9CcGk0fGyo5G7uL28>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:15:09 -0000

This language discussion is very interesting but I'm not good at languages and only speak a local dialect, so a lot of it goes over my head. I like the example in phonetic cockney. Are there any more contempory examples in english, in its various forms? written, tehcnical, spoken, sung?

What regional (english) dialects would you assign to the various Malkioni peoples (for humourous effect and NPC consistency)?

Seshnegi - cockney?
Safelster - Yorkshire?
Castle Coast? Scousers?
Fronelans - Canadians?
Black Horse troop - Geordie
Quinpolic league - Texan drawl?
Umathela - Australian?
Brithini - Received Pronunciation?

To a Malkioni, literally writing in Loskalmi would be a bit like writing in phonetic cockney - you just wouldn't do it, except, maybe, for intentionally humorous effect.