Re: Divine Cults and Sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_WwkfhdGxSzr9cbiBYnC7MgCTzenqlxPTTdttRw9HbAG9HcjJ3ERhLPIeKyPbR5Cq6e7>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:39:48 +1200

At 04:57 p.m. 18/06/2009, you wrote:

>My GM
>thinks I'm just trying to break an "unbreakable limit that the writers
>were VERY clear on" (his words not mine). I think he's wrong? What are
>your opinions?

The writers were not very clear as your GM thinks they were. And when it came to subsequent works, they broke the limits as they saw fit. In Gods of Glorantha for example, the following cults had access to both divine magic and sorcery:

Bagog
Chalana Arroy
Dormal
East Isles Gods
Etyries
Path of Immanent Mastery

There's a number of other exceptions to indicate this limit could and has been broken when it came to glorantha. Now the above list was written up over twenty years ago and some of the special circumstances (and implications thereof) have been redone or would be done much differently.

--Peter Metcalfe