Divine Cults and Sorcery

From: Benjamin Ehrenreich <be221b_at_j067WLcH9NnWWXe4ylJc-gjlB4Vq2A26Au_zg7r3i4FhUD03O29WG-J5Ca8RY37PL2BbG>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:57:08 -0000

I have a question about being an initiate in a divine cult in Glorantha. My gamemaster is vehement that according to all the sources he has read a character cannot KNOW any sorcery (skills/spells) and be an initiate or higher of a cult.

Now RQIII stated that an initiate may never become a SORCERER, which was clarified in the RQIV playtest (that a friend of mine let me read) to mean "a sorcery using adventurer that has undergone an apprenticeship." Has that ever been made official and what IS the official stance on this? Can an adventurer know sorcery and be in a divine cult? My GM thinks I'm just trying to break an "unbreakable limit that the writers were VERY clear on" (his words not mine). I think he's wrong? What are your opinions?