Re: Divine Cults and Sorcery

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_F5TX_vXquZmbnHqfRUC7M5RVgrn-Kg7CxnsWX0o6SN0fiTLKwB9DJYtBgh5MI1cSzWrW>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:30:29 -0000

> >My GM
> >thinks I'm just trying to break an "unbreakable limit that the writers
> >were VERY clear on" (his words not mine). I think he's wrong? What are
> >your opinions?
>
> The writers were not very clear as your GM thinks they were. And
> when it came to subsequent works, they broke the limits as they
> saw fit. In Gods of Glorantha for example, the following cults had
> access to both divine magic and sorcery:

Peter is absolutely right with regard to the old RQ3 supplements. That "unbreakable limit" is even more broken with regard to the new HQ material. In the new HQ Core Rules, wizards is only forbidden to devotees of a theist god (who need to emulate that god in all that they do). Initiates can and do use some wizardry (usually just spells known in that culture).

Jeff