RE: Divine Cults and Sorcery

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_W9LQlgnYwDMIJa7obmPEMFAOPY9d1FHif2C2bW1LUsUq5JWXXZutSzJgAbjy409>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:13:12 +0100

Hi Benjamin

This depends on the system you're using and whether the GM is making this ruling based on system.

>From just reading the initiate section of HQ1, I see that theist cults frown on the use of magic from different otherworlds (i.e. Sorcery, Animist).

However in HQ2, according to the Sartar Book (available soon), Heortlings learn spells and use charms.

I would ask your GM if there's an underlying reason for refusing, besides rules.

So, what system and which Gloranthan setting are you using?

Matthew
(sent from my mobile)