Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_81WMqlZjtfqOQOcECCYprjNV3_qriJFb4qUdn8LZ9ZdGj1NBfuI38pe3xSsaAUZaVe>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:31:48 +1000

2009/6/21 Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_zbPcGfoqqP4VqUp8gBOPA0D162bkWbj20f_glYEk170o9sRCXCbBBDn8NXKiBiyae5UlyNLW845RcWFPNEm9Hw.yahoo.invalid>
> Maybe not a quantum leap, but it should require at least one more Mastery level.

In HQ1 at least it required access to a "higher"/"more complex" part of the Wizardry Otherworld so presumably reliable access to this would need more masteries in appropriate abilities - or else *extremely* effective backing.

I have to say I rather like the idea that it's possible for wizardry types to 'find more efficient connections' in their observations/explorations of their Otherworld so as to allow spell development. I like to think of it as overclocking tried-and-true technology since that is an idiom that allows for horrible catastrophe if (when?) it goes awry! :)

--
John Machin