Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ptOoQt4wQ2z_Jy3oQvt5vymsvcbSJkti1IRNNO71Xbjm8tATWD74TbfEtSawkWPUJgq>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:25:16 +1200

At 06:41 p.m. 22/06/2009, you wrote:

>It does make me think of something I'd wondered about for a while
>though: is the physical representation of the theis (the
>grimoire-object perhaps?) important in and of itself - or is it the
>ability of the user to comprehend its concepts the critical ability
>being represented?

The rules have said that either the grimoire or a talisman was essential but that sits rather oddly with the "something you know" paradigm. So in my opinion the grimoire is a good augment but a lot depends on whether you are waving the book around dramatically (Grimoire-bashing so to speak) or reading it out aloud.

>I'd always assumed that book itself was necessary (you need something
>to comprehend afterall...) but that it was basically just a fancy
>talisman and could be replaced if necessary - even if at considerable
>bother and resource-cost.

My thinking too.

--Peter Metcalfe