Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: donald_at_Vo9NlBYBpaKG82idgAJJroREUHlPezks8TUE2Fy4tsHoaZQdHsl-K4X-pAKP9JEOZo1gL
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:12:10 GMT

In message (no message ID) Peter Metcalfe writes:

>How many grimoires did I actually indicate? If a wizard that produces
>a grimoire is only a step beneath a saint then surely it follows that
>not many wizards produce grimoires. Secondly just because a
>grimoire has been produced does not make it automatically useful.

I think this model works provided we remember a thesis is post-graduate work. i.e. The trainee wizard firstly learns spells from his order's grimoire and copies that for himself. Then he may get the chance of working on his own thesis. If it is actually useful and doesn't get stuffed in a dusty box at the back of some library then it can become what we consider a grimoire. For most wizards social demands on their time prevent them ever completing their thesis.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/