Re: The new HeroQuest Core Rules are now available!

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_nOWIWdkuUSDBp-hTL71XZgpTK27_3vi02KyykkzJpDDDC7lUflgdW37ph3b6oOeTU>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:21:04 -0000

Congratulations, Rick, Jeff, Robin, etc. etc. etc. This book will certainly receive much appreciation.

I have two questions, though, mainly related to the business aspects of this worldwide launch.

  1. Why must we, poor EU citizens, pay much more than US residents to purchase the game? The book sells at the same figures in dollars and in euros, but one Euro is $1,40, not $1,00. I am a bit puzzled, although this is an academic question as I already have my copy :)
  2. Why isn't the book also on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow, like all the old Issaries/Moon Design products? I know perfectly that OneBookShelf takes a non-trivial share of the revenue, but they compensate this with exposure to potential customers who would never hear of HeroQuest of Glorantha in any other way. HeroQuest was top seller there a couple years ago, and being top seller again would grant a public exposure that no amount of word of mouth can provide.

[Please note that OBS does NOT pay me for the advertising :) ]