Re: Mostali Psychology

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_1fT66628Nep90N2NxXNS5LvCn1_gEO7qYnMJd6VsBCUgqsdVonLMKCYTQ7iCmRrBHAN>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:02:50 -0000

It's too drastic and fundamental for me to use, but it did spark an idea.

Since a proper mostali is an immortal who changes very slowly, always seeking perfection in all they do and seeing decay and even growth as their enemies...

It makes me feel mostali are idealists in the Platonic sense. Actual trees are just inferior reflections of the ideal tree, which is a devolution (part? reflection?) of the plant rune. Same goes for stones, and even living beings. Even the dwarves themselves are inferior copies of the ancestar Mostali, who are inferior copies of Mostal the Maker.

Thinking of Pavis and it's walls of magical stone, I once told Greg my ideas about mostali at a Convulsion con in England. My idea was that the deeper you go into a mostali mine/city the less hold enthropy has, and even the stone walls will start to resemble truestone. I remember him liking the idea at the time.

Now that I think about it, it sounds the strongholds of Mostali should indeed be like that. Places where their work brings their perfect world closer. In effect, the deep mostali mine/cities are their otherworld and their heaven, and a taste of what they'd like the whole world to become... if they'll just be left alone to fix it all,

  -Adept