Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_29_BCrMkhZOkuyeCDW84JrmUXyfjOB8EqRNodRExEmZeCd7wJj98QD-VvMjK0RYVylgn>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:38:41 -0000

> Maybe it's just me (though some earlier posts have suggested that maybe it isn't just me), but I'm not (yet) convinced as to how and why re-branding Lodril as an Earth god will generate more light than heat, if you'll pardon the pun.

I advise first reading Glorious ReAscent of Yelm to get a handle on the Lodril of Peloria. After that check out Entekosiad and read about Turos. Those are the main Lodril cults (and far far bigger than Veskarthan).

As for the circle of elements, I am more than a little dubious about its universal claims. There are certainly some magical traditions that use it (and it works for them), but there are also varying and opposing circles.

Jeff