Re: Runes of Turos

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_rnjvW04oMiQSfKcwnNjE7mE60U7DNO7M0HNZpBzI7lGdmrzp6svqr1fQXAq_0K9SmoM>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:25:31 -0400

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Jeff Richard<richaje_at_h7aBvWScvFHNRTk4moP8vTKEEJqovgAib8E2TyrtuRTOsBQOdmi4pd-xvZIHNayhy3-SzWGOq7-QkQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I'm willing to accept everything Benedict just wrote! He's been reading the
> Entekosiad far more carefully than I!

I am also in general agreement with Benedict, and there are plenty more supporting examples in the Entekosiad for the Turos = Heat connection. This heat is Life, the animating force that impregnates women and turns solid stone to molten lava. It is within all living things, for without it there would be only lifeless matter. Turos is Father, Shaper, Shaker, Warrior, Lord of Below (via the defeat of Derdromus), God of the Council Staff and Patron of Cities. His ancient home/body was Fire Mountain, which was destroyed in the Fire vs Water conflict. After growing cold in the Darkness Turos was rekindled by the Palmsters with their hand spun fire starting sticks.

While on the subject, I am about to start a HQ2 game set in the Oronin Valley and am trying to assemble a list of god's runes. Any and all suggestions for the runes of these deities would be greatly appreciated. My effort has been limited by home and professional life lately and I could really use the help! I will post what I have so far as soon as possible to hopefully generate discussion, although my work is poorly researched so far.

-Kevin McD