Does Uleria have Fertility Magic?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_UOie46ODvOrd4DfcQvqRD_zP4NClGLWTIgL3DoOVsOk57ACR48BEsHbahELujyQ67ufG7p>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:18:35 +0100

Does Uleria have Fertility Magic?

Gods of Glorantha says she is "the invisible Life Force", provides a "Reproduce" divine spell and notes that she is the "former Celestial Court goddess of Life".

The Cult of Uleria

    http://www.glorantha.com/library/religions/cult-uleria.html echoes that and connects Her with plenitude and Reproduction.

So, clear indications that she does. I can't find a source, but Uleria is taken as the owner of the Life/Fertility rune, and thus capable of its broadest application, including all aspects.

And that should be the end of it. However, several sources suggest to me that she has very little Fertility magic. Almost all sources call Her the goddess of Love. Not Life, or Fertility, but specifically Love.

  1. The Gods of Glorantha Prosopaedia notes she is "Love in all its forms", then lists kinds of love, without mention of fertility or life. It significantly adds "She may be the only deity of the Celestial Court to survive the Great Darkness, though some believe that the being which is worshipped in her name is only a small portion of the whole of Uleria...". So, Uleria in the Celestial Court could have had Love+Fertility+Life powers even if She has only Love now.
  2. GRoY has Uleria as as "the Other that all males desire", Goddess of Love. She is firstly listed as "Godesses of Lust, Lewdness, Nakedness", but only as an addendum as of "Fertility". Contra, my theory the Uleria planet "was made totally of Life". In contrast, Oria is "Mother of All".