Re: Does Uleria have Fertility Magic?

From: donald_at_fLPD1HQWiBeyTe968HCvHgUubF8pPecWosHLIId8h4-LX9aKTAIV_NH70PneBGbUbV4IL
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 03:45:10 GMT

In message <4A6F874B.6070602_at_djpmMB1IJsjiYPIFdvPpGnnA3jIT81wKmEyeMSoWCOpSYOI9dfZpaRYm9jXXGIR52rf5affLFJL5m7rOLFeCTwq9GoKRwYD1.yahoo.invalid> Benedict Adamson writes:
>Does Uleria have Fertility Magic?
>
>Gods of Glorantha says she is "the invisible Life Force", provides a
>"Reproduce" divine spell and notes that she is the "former Celestial
>Court goddess of Life".

As Uleria is a survivor of the Celestial Court (the only one IIRC) she is a Great Goddess which means that fully understanding her is beyond mortal ability.

I would suggest that she has many aspects and her worshippers relate to just some of them. Fertility is one of those aspects which has few worshippers because there are more useful and less disruptive goddesses for women to worship.

Alternatively when you want really strong fertility magic then Uleria is the goddess of choice. Just Ernalda has healing magic but calls on Chalana Arroy for the really tough jobs. I'm thinking of when your PC wants to satisfy his aldramyi wife's desire for children. Ernalda would say it cannot be done, and quite possibly should not be done.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/