Re: Runes of the Oronin Valley: the Bulls

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_fLcRhqsiZSfI3HNPlOfio-56t0ajYCANJ3uBDAGMrphSmuO5Fu6rDMlwws4pWNJ24yY>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:25:42 +1200

Akrolar: I consider Akrolar (three affinities for a barely known entertainer) to be something that should have been weeded out in the editing stage. The Carmanians would be more likely to worship Bentus.

Bisos: I'm not sure what is so special about Bisos that he would require three runes as Benedict suggests. What has he done? He's not the King of Bulls - that is Tawar. All he does is conquer the DediOronin and after his death manifest in sacred bull as a messenger of the Gods. I'm not seeing anybody of Orlanth's power let alone Harmast's.

I would instead consider Bisos as the hero who allowed the power of the Bull to fill him and that Carmanos later blessed him to receive the power of Idovanus in the same way. So Runes. Bull and Spirit (really an reversed spirit to indicate being filled with external power rather than becoming discorporate.

I'm also inclined to think that the modern Bisosi really fill themselves with the power from Idovanus alone and consider those that fill themselves with Tawari to be heathens and dirt-worshippers. Perhaps this means sorcerous spells rather than feats, I dunno.

In a similar plaint to that for Akrolar I do not think Bisos would be specialized enough to have subcults for hazars and freeholders.

--Peter Metcalfe