Re: Runes of the Oronin Valley: the Bulls

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_xCuXXCpnoApOtqZ1wDflVKKRO2xnpK436uIl85wMxYRZwoiBXkxJEh4FyCkBsJvG0lJ>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:10:29 -0400

2009/7/29 Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_3KeE_vyVS81t8e99yFfj5_xu8yhetw5mI8TOgD-7f-2Nu4RpReBraxDK3efVl7jUn0aqFZTR0ZThQcjID4bLakK7sIAfbw.yahoo.invalid>:

> In Pelanda proper, Bisos is not so important. But he seems to be the
> cultural hero/principal god of Worian and Vanstal before the Carmanians
> come. I think of Tavar and Bisos as just different names for the same
> entity.

The Bisosae also ruled the cities around Lake Oronin and (IIRC) never joined Lendarsh's new order. After an initial conflict with the early followers of Carmanos many of them became Carmanian themselves and Bisos quickly became an important deity in the Carmanian Pantheon.

I envision a conflict between the Carmanian worshipers of Bisos and Turos for the Man's God mantle among early Carmanians. The struggle would be more pronounced if, in the Lake Oronin cities prior to the arrival of Carmanos, Bisos was the Man's God of the rulers and Turos the Man's God of the ruled. The Carmanians may have carried that bias north with them in their conquest of the Oronin Valley. It might make a difference that Turos accepted Carmanos during his early quest to gain the acceptance of the gods, while Bisos resisted Carmanos until slain and resurrected. I am still of two minds about it, and it is a pretty major cultural point.

-Kevin McD