Bisos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_SloH8wbqjESpuK7h2QAJJY0j_9W8kxq8ifWaAhrXhAueOWd8FuP7pr-fWLgJr68vL7l>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:37:36 +1200

Benedict:

> But [Bisos] seems to be the
> cultural hero/principal god of Worian and Vanstal before the Carmanians
> come.

I'm not disputing that he's a cultural hero in the sense of Vingkot or Heort; I just don't think he is the major god of the area. Consider the other bull tribes are the Kereusi and the Enelvi are still around, the temptation to make Bisos the bullish equivalent of the men's god should be resisted.

Me>> I do not think Bisos would be
>> specialized enough to have subcults for hazars and freeholders.

 > contra ILH-1

I know. I think the ILH-1 treatment is flawed here and in a number of places elswehere.

Kevin:

> The Bisosae also ruled the cities around Lake Oronin and (IIRC) never
> joined Lendarsh's new order.

They did. They are one of the five peoples that Lendarsh found in his land along with the Kereusi, the Kenstratae and the Two Cities.

--Peter Metcalfe